Compatibility of family and academic career
For their significant achievements in making studying and working conditions suitable for families, both universities have been certified as family-friendly universities – TUD since 2007 and JMU since 2008.
Image: © TU Dresden
Image: © Crispin-Iven Mokry
ct.qmat addresses in particular childcare needs of its employees with children. The following childcare schemes have proved their worth:
- Flexible childcare: ct.qmat contributes to the flexible childcare program at TUDwhich enables those employed at TUD to make use of the service if they need
- childcare beyond the opening hours of their regular childcare facility
- childcare during a conference or other academic events
- childcare while being on a business trip
- childcare during any other unusual situation
- a drop-off and/or pick-up assistance
- Babysitter: We can also bear the expenses for a babysitter/ nurse of your choice if you are not employed at TUD.
- Equipment for remote work: To make it easier for you to successfully combine your scientific career and taking on home-based caring responsibilities (e. g. taking care of your children up to age of twelve), we can equip you with a laptop and necessary accessories for working from home.
Employees at JMU please note: The university's Family Service offers three different types of childcare:
- all-day care at Campus Kinderhaus
- school vacation childcare for children aged 6 - 12 years
- childcare on an hourly basis Campus StudiKidsfor infants and toddlers ages 2 - 18 months.
The Family Service also acts as nanny placementagent.